Starhub iPhone Update
STARHUB UPDATE (AS OF 16 April 2011)
Starhub is offering 12gb bundled data for SmartSurf 100 to SmartSurf 700 plan and has capped data usage bill at $30. You can visit Starhub website for more details on the plans and price plans for the respective iPhone.
You do not need to change or upgrade your existing mobile plan to purchase iPhone (information updated by ksgoh)
Having surf the various forums and having read several contradicting comments, here are some confirmed details for your iPhone purchase from Starhub.
– All vouchers will be valid even after 10 Dec (source: Starhub Facebook Fanpage)
– Customers who sign up for delivery of iPhone to their home will receive a pouch, cover and screen protector
– It takes 3 working days to activate your Smartsurf plan (according to some customers, their plan was activated immediately when they approached Starhub staff at the Customer Service Centre).
– You can log on to Starhub website and log in to your account using your Hub ID to check if your plan has been converted.
– There will be no issuance of re-contract vouchers and will have to pay additional $300 if you want to recontract after 12 months. The minimum term is 21 months.
– You will have to pay additional $300 if your existing contract is between 4 months to 12 months.
– iPhone customers will be able to view Starhub Mobile TV which has 20 channels currently from now till 31 March 2010.
You can also join in discussion with other iPhone owners at Hardwarezone.
HOW TO ACCESS STARHUB TV ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE?
1. Tap on the Safari App
2. Go to Bookmark
3. Choose Starhub Gee to access
MMS SETTINGS FOR YOUR IPHONE
By default, if you have purchased your iPhone from Starhub, the MMS settings would have already been configured. In case if you are still experiencing problem you can simply type S <Phone Model> and send the SMS to 2000.
You will need to send a MMS to yourself to activate the service.
WHAT DO I DO IF I CAN’T CONNECT TO 3G NETWORK?
You can either go to our Network Settings, Off and On the 3G function. If it fails, you will have to restart your phone.
MMS SETTINGS FOR IPHONE 4
For iPhone 4, the MMS settings are pre-configured. To enable sending/receiving of MMS, please follow the steps below.
Go to Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging > ON
If you know of anymore information or details which is not listed here, do share with us by leaving a comment.